My Music

domingo, 6 de junio de 2010

VACATIONS



In general, I could say that I ‘ve had really good vacations in my life, but the ones I remember in a particular way are last summer’s vacations: January 2010.

Last summer, I visited the Chilean-Argentinian Patagonia. I had to work hard during the whole of 2009 in order to get the money for the trip, and it was worth it. I had planned those holidays months in advance, until I finally could do it. I visited the “Parque Nacional Argentino Los Glaciares”, Puerto Natales, Punta Arenas and Calafate.

One of the things I just loved about these vacations was that I could enjoy the stunning natural beauty of those amazing landscapes ... places where you can only get to after you walked long distances for hours! So, that was how i visited beautiful hills, rivers, glacier and many places that I hadn’t even heard of. It was a great experience and I will always remember it in a special way, because in this trip I felt that I was able to disconnect myself from my everyday life and from the routine of the city, and instead, I lost myself in the infinite of the natural, leaving the distractions behind.





Favorite Course




My favorite course this term is “Geologia de Campo 1, which is being given by the profesor Marcelo Farias. This course is not part of our curriculum. I am taking it with other 5 classmates in the faculty of Engenieering of Universidad de Chile, because it belongs to the carreer of Geology.

I have really enjoyed this course, because I have learned many new things that I think. Most of those things I have discovered are the ones I learned in the field trip, and I just loved the field trip! It was an amazing experience: We travelled to the North of Chile and stayed there for 10 days. The idea was to try to recreate the geological history of a specific zone, so this trip was an instance when I learned the most.

For example, I learned a lot about those structural proceses which form a determined RELIEVE. The work was really hard, and at a very fast pace, in fact, but it was very interesting and entertaining.

In general, I can say we have learned a lot so far, not only from the proffessor and his assistant, but also from our geology classmates, who have supported us with their help at the moment of dealing with those contents we aren’t so familiar with, as we are not geology students.

I think it was a very good idea to take this course. The fact that I get familiar with some notions about geology is going to be a useful tool which will definitely help me in my spatial research.

1 comentario:

  1. This park it is a place that all chilean people shout be visit. It is a mundial park, like the yellowstone.
    :) bye!°

    ResponderEliminar