My Music

jueves, 3 de junio de 2010

Best Friend in the world



My best friend in the World is Natalie. She is practically like a sister to me. I met her when I was 3 and she was 6, we met in the street where we both live.
We didn’t get on well at first. Actually, I remember that we used to argue a lot , but as time went by, we became really close friends

When we were little we used to spend a lot of time together, we used to do everything together! Now, it ‘s different, because my classes at university keep me really bussy and there are some weeks when I can't talk to her. But everytime I see Nathalie again, it feels as if time had never passed, and we can talk for hours, or even the whole night ,or just hang round here or there having fun.

My friend and I get on really well, because we totally know each other. I trust her and she trusts me because we have grown up together, just like sisters. She is the best friend that has ever existed. She’s always there when I need her: to tell me off, to listen to me or just to cry with me if I’m sad. I love my friend, and my life wouldn’t be the same without her. She has been at my side in every important stage of my life, always in an inconditional way.

Nathalie definitely knows who I am, she knows me well. She belongs to that small and selective group of people who know everything about me. Nathalie is also a person who I really trust, a member of that restricted group of people, and I would do anything for her, like “putting my hands on fire ”and I know “I wouldn’t burn my hands”. That shows how much I trust her.





GEOGRAPHY

Hi classmates ! I think the question “why you decide to study geography?” Is very usual, and always I have troubles to answer, because is very difficult explain what is geography, and people have wrong ideas about this discipline.
I decided to study geography because I always liked the social sciences, especially history, but at the same time I liked the environmental problems like sustainable development. First I saw engineering careers in renewable natural resources, but they were very scientific and didn’t address the social issues. Then, I met the geographer Rodrigo Rocha, who was a very important person in my election process; because he helped me to take the decision show me the different areas that are within the geography.
I decided to study geography when I was 16 years old, and I have never regretted about my decision because I love the career, but in the second year I had troubles with the university of Chile and I thought to go to Catholic University, but finally I think University of Chile is the best.
Geography have so many areas! but I would like to work in ordering and planning, I hope I can do this in public service.
Good bye!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario